Explorations in stitching, mostly samplers. And mostly with a cup of tea close by.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Not too much stitching done in the past couple of weeks - with company here there was little time to sit down and concentrate, but I did manage to make a little progress. The dozen bees now have all the cross-stitching finished, and I've made a start on the honeycomb in the lower left corner. The backstitching on the bees (and the rest of the design) is called for when the honeycomb's complete. Our visiting house guest is a beekeeper (amongst other things LOL), and she very much liked this design, commenting on how accurate the bee skep was, although of course skeps haven't been generally used for well over a century.
I also did one small band on Drawn Thread's Cloister Garden, just for a change of pace, but no photos of that one yet.
After the snow storm earlier this week, there's water sluicing down the street now, and the temperatures are warm enough for us to pull out our spring jackets - but at the same time, we'll keep our winter coats not too far away. I've lived here long enough not to be deceived by warm temperatures in March :)