Saturday, March 17, 2012
It's taken a while, but the honeycomb is finished! And I've made a start on the backstitching - the gray corners of the two frames have been outlined, the flourishes stitched around what will be the wording, and I've moved onto the flagstones. Backstitching can be barely noticeable, but it does make a difference to the finished look - that said, I generally prefer patterns that have very little LOL And this is the first design I can recall where the backstitching is done with several different colours (about ten, if I recall). No predictions on goals for this week, I'll just keep on with the backstitching, and maybe practice French knots on a spare piece of linen, as there are a lot more than I'd realized, well over 100 in that small lower right quadrant of the garden on those two green stems. There's some chain stitch as well before I get to the French knots - lots to keep me interested :) Thanks for those who are tagging along with me here - it's good to have company!