Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cloister Garden finished



Life's been a little bouleversé lately, with a house guest who had to stay longer than we'd originally planned,  but I was still able to get needle, thread, and linen together from time to time.  The result was, finally, a finish - Drawn Thread's Cloister Garden that's been in my workbasket for several years.  The multiple specialty stitches were challenging but, as usual, tremendously satisfying to master.  Here's a photo of the finished work - I'm still considering how to approach the framing.   The colours are very soft and should work well on the rose wall where it will hang.

Now back to that workbasket to see what else I can draw out of it - I see a couple of small ornaments, another British landscape, and of course some samplers .........

Our weather continues to be very warm but our garden room where I usually stitch  (with a door directly onto our patio) stays cool and pleasant.

Preserving and freezing seasonal produce will be a focus of the next few weeks, but stitching still remains a priority too :)   




6 comments:

  1. The cloister garden looks very calming you can almost smell the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. The stitches so delicate and fine. Congratulations on the finish!

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, Diane, I am looking forward to getting mine back in the RR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love the softness of this sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your comments - it's lovely to have this encouragement :) And Gillie, I'd love to see the final RR of Cloister Garden - are there any changes that people will be making, or is an "as is" RR?

    ReplyDelete