Thursday, October 25, 2012

Time to Stitch on Snowy Days

Time for my weekly update now :)  I've managed to finish the last stitches and little details on several pieces this week.

The backstitching on High Hill Farm is finished now and I'll see about framing this next week, as a companion piece to Cragside Farm that I stitched and framed last year.  This has been a pleasure to stitch and I'm looking forward to seeing it hanging on the wall soon.  It reminds me of one of Beatrix Potter's farms in the Lake District - I almost expect to see Benjamin Bunny hopping along the lane. 

High Hill Farm - Derwentwater Designs (Rose Swalwell)
Tristan Brooks' Christmas Sampler Trio - first ornament
  Some of my Christmas stitching is coming along well - several of them will be finished off as ornaments, others placed into little frames - some will be given away, others kept for our own home.   The first is one of the Christmas Sampler Trio from Tristan Brooks - I may do a second of this design with a word change to Peace on Earth, and I'll decide soon whether to do the other two designs in this series as well for this year.  









These two small pieces are from Homespun Elegance:  Snow Much Joy, and Reindeer A Waiting.  They were easy to stitch and will be fun to finish off as gifts, using quilting remnants as backing.   
Reindeer A Waiting - Homespun Elegance
Snow Much Joy - Homespun Elegance
Monasterium's Four Seasons Quaker
















 And at the same time, I'm continuing to stitch on my Monasterium's Four Seasons Quaker - moving into the autumn section now, using Belle Soie's Terra Potta, a beautifully variegated silk thread.  The little bit of blue to the left of it is the test section of the "Winter" colour, Belle Soie's Babbling Brook.




All being well, next week's update should see more completed on this Autumn section, a glimpse at a small new piece that I've already started (and might have completed by then), and some stitches put into my most challenging project to date,  a group teaching sampler from Amy Mitten.

Off now to make some Curried Ginger Scones - the ginger syrup for these is already prepared, and the pungent scent of the scones baking will be welcome on this snowy autumn day - more snow in the forecast for tonight and the next two days, adding to the half a foot of snow we already have on the ground. 

Till next time :)  


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous stitchy up dates love the wee ornaments and coooo those scones sound lovely :) as you say perfect on a snowy day :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finishes well done on the progress I like that autumn colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both :) - I'll have more updates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece!
    I don't think I have ever seen this design before.

    ReplyDelete