Wednesday, April 4, 2012
The Bees' Knees
The bees' knees? Well, I started to realize the attention to detail in some of this pattern when I read the directions calling for a a different colour and thickness of thread in the top of the bees legs in contrast to the bottom (beneath the "knees" LOL). I do have a couple of versions of the pattern, and it wasn't until I'd completed the first set of upper legs on all of the bees that I noticed that another version didn't call for quite so much detail. Ah, well, that part's done now and I'll just keep on going!
I took the photo several days ago, and since then, I've added much more backstitch and completed four of the bees - my camera's having battery issues, so that updated photo will have to wait till the weekend. At least the snow might give me extra time for stitching ......
And many thanks again for those of you who are cheering me along - stitchers are a great group :)